Welcome to the Weekend Links for April 11-12, 2021.
We start with a strong showing over the Easter Long Weekend with 200+ comments. There was also a marked lowering of the vitriol in the comments section.
Nicely done peeps!
So this week we are going to aim for a mellow sort of vibe. Kinda.
For your listening pleasure. From the taverns of Tamriel to Thedas, from Azeroth to Westeros, enjoy!
Politics And Governance
A Polish Pastor throws local Gestapo agents out of his church!
- Poles are based – https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/04/black-lives-matter-rainbow-statue-torn-budapest-24-hours-put-display/ – and really don’t like Communist’s pushing degeneracy in their society.
- ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL VIDEOS – https://www.brighteon.com/eaf8253d-f09e-4503-9b8a-0ba77b579f33 – I HAVE EVER SEEN. A Holocaust survivor calls out the face masks as worse than what the Nazi’s did. In fairness, these are not National Socialists, but rather Global Socialists. Glosocs?
- The Canuks are getting restless – https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/05/british-columbia-canada-corduroy-restaurant-patrons-heckle-inspectors-covid/ – watch the video. Having watched the video, now watch the coverage on CBS – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl2nA4PumkA – and let me know who is fake news!
Have you ever wondered what a far future galaxy spanning human civilization would look like? The Templin Institute attempts to answer this in long form video. Enjoy!
We start with the ABC, which has changed its mind on the Christine Holgate mess. I’m pretty sure Albo brought this up first, and the PM took the baton from him and ran with it.
When this happened, it felt quite bipartisan. So watching the ABC change its mind suggests someone somewhere has made an assessment, the only question is who gets to be the fall guy (fall-person?).
- You may not be a fan of them, but both Martin North and John Adams – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvSGytY4EqQ – are fighting the good fight best they can, in my book.
- This is from 2017 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGt82RFfg3U – but I’m a fan of going back and looking at stuff. ” Understanding is not the same thing as excusing” – Yanis Varoufakis blows the lid on Europe’s hidden agenda. Because he hung out in Melbourne a bunch.
- Karens talk about AusPol – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTtdPnLgOQ – this week. You are unlikely to miss anything, but in case you were wondering what occupies tiny Karen (male and female) minds, this is the show for you. The answer is not a whole lot I care about, but hey ho and ymmv…
How Car Chase Scenes Have Evolved Over 100 Years
Because why not? And written in the stars was not particularly exciting this week.
World War III
What would it look like? Welcome to the wonderful world of Machinima. The below is a bloke called Flawless War Gamer, and created using the ArmA 3 engine with lots of Steam workshop assets.
Russian invasion of America / World War 3 Ep 2
- But for reals, this week was bad. First off, https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/pending-collapse-rules-based-international-order-existential-threat-us – the rules based international order no longer really exists. And is – https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2021/03/28/bidens-two-front-war-n1435464 – not coming back.
- China has been stealing – https://www.businessinsider.com.au/unitree-new-robot-dog-compared-to-boston-dynamics-spot-robot-2020-5?r=US&IR=T – from Boston Dynamics this week. Meet the New Chinese Robot Killer Dog! Since ancient times!
- Russia’s ambassador is NOT – https://www.rt.com/russia/520370-recalled-ambassador-back-washington/ – going back to Washington.
4/5 Generation Warfare. Ohnoes…
- Context to undersea warfare – https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2021/04/07/undersea-kingdoms-2-n1437979 – and its implications on the undersea cables on which the internet runs.
- Ukies are bringing the crazy – https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2021/04/04/mirror-mirror-on-the-wall-5-n1437169 – by pissing off the Russkies.
- China / Russia is setting up a two-fer – https://libertyunyielding.com/2021/04/04/russia-and-china-prepare-a-two-fer-at-either-end-of-asia/ – for the Biden administration. Will they fall for it?
- Left importing – https://archive.is/BpKT3 – more soldiers…
So I don’t agree with everything this bloke says. But a lot is spot on. Also, I’m seeing a sudden lull in the culture wars. Not sure its a good thing, because maybe this goes from cold civil war to hot.
- Is the American right – https://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/would-israel-blackmail-a-us-congressman/ – turning on its (((greatest ally)))?
- China controls many – https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusive/exc-china-state-propaganda-boasts-control-over-think-tanks/ – left wing think tanks.
- Cornell is firmly on the side – https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/04/begins-cornell-university-will-require-covid-19-vaccination-staff-students-returning-fall-semester/ – of vaccine propaganda. Note: If a pandemic needs a communications strategy, its probably not a pandemic.
- Lol – https://reclaimthenet.org/youtube-deletes-dislikes/ – cause why not?
Markets And Finance
We start with a UFO video. Why? Because these days markets be like that too. Sauce.
- Really interesting take – https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/archegos-bikini-atolls-how-many-more-tactical-financial-nuclear-bombs-exist – on the Archegos blow up. Also the estimable Ben Hunt – https://www.epsilontheory.com/a-tiger-cant-change-its-stripes/ – on Bill Hwang.
- IceCaps take on the latest dollar volatility – http://icecapassetmanagement.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/2020.10-IceCap-Global-Outlook.pdf – meh. Valid points. Take homes include how the USD will likely not collapse, or loose reserve currency status.
- More volcanic activity – https://volcano.si.edu/gvp_currenteruptions.cfm – than in the last 50 years. Will it affect your portfolio? Or maybe a solar storm – https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9428993/Solar-storm-appeared-like-great-fire-1582-hit-Earth-experts-warn.html – will?
As always folks, have a good weekend, and let your comments invite debate and discussion. And some name calling 🙂