Welcome to the Long Weekend! We hope you have a good long weekend planned out, and Happy Easter everyone!
One of the things I want to do is make a thread in the forums where you fine folks can contribute links. I’ll curate and use them in addition to whatever links think make sense. Are you keen on this model? Let me know in the comments below.
After a stellar run last week – filled with much acrimony and name calling – in true EZFKA fashion, the proprietors of this fine establishment have decided to not make any changes, metaphorically kicking the can down the road. This feels appropriate.
We are aiming for more of the same this week. But clearly we need to all get in the mood for it. Hence, this week has this brilliant contribution from The Hu!
The plan is for everyone on this blog to join the Golden Horde! Or at least get cool haircuts… and then we go loot and pillage something!
Staying with the theme of Mongolia (sure… Inner Mongolia, which may not be in Mongolia) we also have this brilliant contribution featuring the song You Me by Chacha mixed by Hamacide.
I’m calling this genre Shanghai Soul – come at me bro!
Now for the exciting links. Be good to each other this weekend, and may your conversations start out civil and then degenerate into despicable name calling! Extra points for using puns in said despicable name calling!
Politics And Governance
Why do you think that is?
- https://www.rt.com/op-ed/519029-uk-police-heartfelt-resignation/ – when British cops are putting statements out on RT. The UK is not in a good place as far as I can tell. Hopefully I’m wrong and this does not have any implication for us denizens of the EZFKA, but we will probably not be so lucky…
- https://m.theepochtimes.com/lack-of-military-parade-for-100th-anniversary-of-ccp-could-mean-xi-is-facing-internal-criticism_3751690.html – Not sure I know what to make of this. But this is not necessarily a good thing. Also, April is starting which is one of the two times in the year that the Taiwan Straits can get busy.
- Strange goings on at the Vatican… well, stranger goings on’s – https://www.pillarcatholic.com/p/torzi-talks-threats-blackmail-and – quite a deep dive here. Does anyone know someone with solid insight into that somewhat sordid institution?
Gah. Nothing good seems to come out of here. This week was also terrible. But this clip from Juice Media captures the spirit of AusPol.
What do you know? EZFKA’s values are mainstream values! And you have to admit, she has good trigger discipline!
- Pointed out in previous comments, we have this – https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/i-would-kill-to-be-sexually-harassed-at-the-moment-liberal-teena-mcqueen-stuns-colleagues-in-closed-door-meeting-20210329-p57evv.html – stellar example of the SMH publishing palace intrigue. When your journalists do primarily palace intrigue, you should know said journalists are doing access journalism.
- Nat Cook MP sacks pedo – https://twitter.com/RhettBurnie/status/1377129122439163910 – I swear to god this came up (43 minutes ago) when I searched #AusPol on Twitter. Gah… On scrolling further someone commented on ‘powerful female journos’ and then I stopped scrolling.
- ohnoes… da banks are in teh troublez – https://www.afr.com/companies/financial-services/banks-primed-for-180b-cliff-20210330-p57f68 – or doom porn to provide cover for further financial repression of the rapidly dwindling middle class here in EZFKA. You decide.
Big fan of Veritaserum. This is about the cartel in light-bulbs in the 1920’s! Learn more about the birth of planned obsolescence!
- So this was the fallout from the Archegos blow up earlier this week – https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/very-surprised-jpmorgan-calculates-damage-archegos-collapse – could be worse than expected.
- Not sure where to put Kunstler – https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/do-you-believe-in-magic/ – sometimes very good, but other times boomer central. Your mileage may vary…
- Deep dive from that hive of scum and villainy also known as r/gme – https://www.reddit.com/r/GME/comments/mf1f6n/i_was_missing_a_key_piece_of_the_puzzel_this_is/ – explaining the GME situation.
- More deep dives from aforementioned hive r/gme – https://www.reddit.com/r/GME/comments/mgucv2/the_everything_short/ – ymmv. this is A perspective on the current chaos in the markets. Assume r/gme is the target of much disinfo, and many many vested interests. Who knows?
Released 4 days ago with half a million views. Draw your own conclusions. It probably does not hurt he is a good looking black man. No homo. Music game is dope too.
- For the Satanic hoarders amongst us – https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/03/27/rapper-lil-nas-x-unveils-nike-satan-shoes-containing-human-blood-limited-to-666-pairs/ – what ever would we do without that den of pimps, prostitutes and pedo’s also known as Hollywood.
- Because nothing says anti-racist like creating race based welfare programs – https://www.zerohedge.com/political/new-universal-basic-income-program-oakland-excludes-low-income-white-families – coming soon from a Green’s Senator near you, probably…
- Not sure how this made it past the editorial desk – https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/george-floyds-autopsy-and-the-structural-gaslighting-of-america/ – but I’m glad it did.
- The parallels between the American Left – https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/03/the_commonalities_between_the_rise_of_the_nazis_and_the_tactics_of_the_american_left_cannot_be_ignored.html – and He Who Must Not Be Named’s shock troops.
Written In The Stars!
She’s kind of cute. Sue me. Also our usual source has not put up anything particularly noteworthy. Its all about Sputnik V at the moment.
World War 3
The world seems to be becoming a more dangerous place. Do you know why? I don’t but feel free to speculate below. This is the latest from the front lines.
Begun, the drone wars have – https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39992/watch-a-saudi-f-15-fighter-swoop-in-low-to-blast-a-houthi-rebel-drone-out-of-the-sky – very cool video (below) + thinking through the asymmetrical nature of fighting drones.
- Biden is playing in a world – https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2021/03/28/bidens-two-front-war-n1435464 – which does not resemble 2012 in the slightest.
- Not April Fools – https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40016/russian-armor-floods-toward-border-with-ukraine-amid-fears-of-an-imminent-crisis – but someone in Russia expects Rome on the Potomac to do exciting things in Ukraine.
- Sell in April – https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39955/chinese-aerial-armada-with-bombers-fighters-and-more-filled-airspace-near-taiwan – and go away? Taiwan seems to be getting hotter, but who knows what is going on?
- Russians at it again – https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39971/russian-submarine-seen-surfaced-beside-huge-hole-blown-open-in-the-ice-in-satellite-imagery – watch a SSN come up through the ice. Very cool video!
Because the previous heading was super depressing. For your viewing enjoyment 🙂
Mother fox returns for her babies. Workers had to disturb their den, which was underneath a deck they were repairing.
Very cute otter cub swims for the first time.
Hand-raising a weird-looking bird that was rejected by its mother.
Not a baby bat, but almost one! Super-cute little critter.
Be good this long weekend everyone! Don’t drink and drive. Drink and slag off randoms on EZFKA instead!