As it turned out, Kabul fell in 8 days.
This is quite an ominous sign, as it took a full two years after the Russian withdrawal back over the Amu Darya, for the Najibullah government to fall.
Practically speaking, the Russian supported Afghan government only fell after Boris Yelstin stopped paying for it due to the economic crisis in the erstwhile USSR.
~~Kabul Fell In 8 Days~~
- Watch: 100s Of US Citizens Scramble Aboard C-17 As Taliban Ready To Declare “Islamic Emirate Of Afghanistan” | ZeroHedge
- Former CIA Officer: “The Most Infamous & Devastating Press Conference Ever Held By An American President” | ZeroHedge
- Joint Chiefs Inform Senators Terror Threat From Afghanistan “Moved Up” | ZeroHedge
- Pepe Escobar Warns Of Looming ‘Saigon Moment’ In Kabul | ZeroHedge
~~Why This Is Scary~~
Couple of quick points in no specific order:
- This will embolden Islamic radicals across the world. We will all get to deal with the blow back for years.
- The viability of America will start to be seriously questioned. The Soviet Union fell soon after the withdrawal from Afghanistan. Given how quickly the Afghan government has fallen, the American Empire can also be expected to stumble. No empire ever sees its own end, but hey ho.
- We can expect the global architecture to start falling apart faster now. It is what it is. Good riddance.
~~What Happens Next~~
Read more of what happens next here – President Biden will own the fall of Kabul — when the real killing begins (nypost.com) – its a bit depressing.