"No typical Austral...

Notifications
Clear all

"No typical Australian Brisbane wood house is or should be worth more than 200K USD"

Last of the Moorookans
Topic starter
(@lastofthemoorookans)
Trusted Member

Look at the competition from Asia, India and South America for manufacturing and services.

Wages will go to near zero, as public education and popular is farther more dumbhed down down under.

No typical Australian house or Brisbane wood house is or should be worth more than 200K USD

Discuss.

12 Replies
stagmal
(@stagmal)
Estimable Member

australian houses are dog shit

atrocious quality

ive heard stories of finnish ppl coming here and complaining about how cold it is bc houses arent designed to handle winter conditions

2 Replies
The90kwbeast
(@the90kwbeast)

Eminent Member

@stagmal I'd say a lack of insulation doesn't help. 

Our 30 year old townhouse brick veneer has the minimum insulation in roof, no sarking, nothing in the walls just brick and gyprock. It's atrocious. Note- I'm in Sydney.

Re: topic thread, doesn't matter what they should be worth because it'll never happen. Brisbane land is only going up, even if there are 100 year old queenslanders built on top of them. 

As long as we have any export industry I think we'll be fine. And houses can be an export...

Last of the Moorookans
(@lastofthemoorookans)

Trusted Member

@stagmal

But 90kw Beast says our houses are "exports"

I think we should dumbh down pop you lace even further so they believe their life in Brisbane is "good quality". We should do it for another 2 or 3 generations until they are really stuck there. Captive market means profits.

The Brisbane "Proboscis Theory" is a good one ay.

Last of the Moorookans
Topic starter
(@lastofthemoorookans)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @the90kwbeast

Re: topic thread, doesn't matter what they should be worth because it'll never happen. Brisbane land is only going up, even if there are 100 year old queenslanders built on top of them. 

But why? Because 1. Kiwis love it (upstep in opportunities for them (what, selling fast food to fat people?) 2. Thurd World love it (bigger upstep for them) 3. locals normalised who think its normal to live in a dumpy ugly swamp because there are SOME welfare program jobs in the CBD and sandwich shops and pawn shops the rest of the place

WHY? What do people see in it?

Export industry? In Brisbane? They export fat women to Europe?

4 Replies
The90kwbeast
(@the90kwbeast)

Eminent Member

@lastofthemoorookans primarily because its the only viable alternative to Syd/Mel in Australia for people looking to improve their cost of living, quality of life whilst still having access to a reasonable range of industries. 

Adelaide is an economic backwater and Perth is too mining focused. Canberra has shit weather but I actually don't mind the city past that, but it too has become expensive for what it is.

Last of the Moorookans
(@lastofthemoorookans)

Trusted Member
Posted by: @the90kwbeast

@lastofthemoorookans primarily because its the only viable alternative to Syd/Mel in Australia for people looking to improve their cost of living, quality of life whilst still having access to a reasonable range of industries. 

Adelaide is an economic backwater and Perth is too mining focused. Canberra has shit weather but I actually don't m

Range of Industries? What industries? The building crappy "houses" industry or the selling Chicko Roles and Ice Brakes industry?

Improve their quality of life? How is listening to bogans fighting each other and being around fat people (Brisbane fattest in Australia) quality of life? Maybe they should have just moved to Towns Ville?

I know public education is so dumbhed down that a lot of people would like Brisbane as a "Big City" alternative. Haven't these people watched TV or the web videos and seen other places overseas?

stagmal
(@stagmal)

Estimable Member

@the90kwbeast i absolutely can't stand canberra, place is so automobile oriented and ugly. one of the ugliest cities out there really, full of excruciatingly anodyne burecratic types - you have to have no personality to want to stick around such a place. the weather is god awful too, has the coldest winters in aus (worse than hobart) and heat that rivals dubbo in summer. all this for the price of about sydney and melbourne - why would anyone live there?!

Last of the Moorookans
(@lastofthemoorookans)

Trusted Member

@stagmal

Welfare jobs

bjw678
(@bjw678)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @stagmal

why would anyone live there?!

To suck on the federal government teat.

Can't think of any other reason, and based on the number of unsolicited calls I get for jobs in canberra despite not being their it ranks right up there with adelaide for people not wanting to live there.

3 Replies
stagmal
(@stagmal)

Estimable Member

@bjw678 what exactly is wrong with adelaide? it seems fairly pleasant though i've never been, is there something i'm missing about it because it's the object of a lot of derision

The90kwbeast
(@the90kwbeast)

Eminent Member

@stagmal go to seek.com.au, look up whatever job title you care for, punch in adelaide, see what comes up... not much

City seems nice though otherwise but whats the point when you have no job. Slight hyperbole but you get what I mean.

Last of the Moorookans
(@lastofthemoorookans)

Trusted Member

@the90kwbeast

Like Brisbane but if you want to be a REA or a SHINY BUM is a paradise!

Share: